What do you need to create small business websites?
This post may contain affiliate links or Google Ads and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no additional cost to you and helps with our website expenses.
Whether you have a small business that needs a website for the first time, or perhaps just need to refresh an old site that is becoming outdated – you have come to the right place. We pride ourselves on building small business websites. If you also have important soft copy of documents it is better to create and secure it by using sodapdf, you may also convert it to any file!
What is needed to begin the process of creating small business websites?
Most websites are used as informational tools for customers to get to know your company, learn what offerings are available, and get a sense of what your company is all about. To do that, we will need basic information, as well as the answers to important questions, like what makes you special or different that is more appealing than your competitors are.
In order to do this well, you should begin gathering the following information for your company website:
- Your logo and branding – Have your logo, name and tagline handy. If you don’t have that material yet, or you’re considering updating it, that’s perfectly fine. We can help you with that as well.
- Your company story and mission – this answers questions like “how did you get where you are today?” “What led to the creation of your business?” and “why does your business exist? What do you help customers accomplish?”
- Your product offerings or services – one of the main reasons customers will visit your website is to find out what you offer. This applies whether that means posting a full menu for a restaurant or beautifully featuring your interior design skills.
- Photography / imagery – In general, customers are very visually oriented. Being able to see quality photographs of your products, store, events, and anything else you offer or that is an important part of your company will help get to know you and your story.
- Customer testimonials – Building trust is such an important part of doing business online. All other things equal, the fact that previous customers can attest to their positive experiences will always sway the cards in your favor.
- Information about your founder and / or your team – In most cases, giving a face to your company will help to humanize it, to make you feel familiar. Plan to include a little bit of backstory about how you came to be where you are today, what drives you, and what part of the business you contribute to.
- Contact information – This is probably self-explanatory. However, having clear contact information that reaches the right person is a simple, yet critical piece of small business websites. After all, most of the actions you would want them to take will involve that information.
Note: It is also worth taking the time to ensure you exist on Google Business, which will help you turn up clearly on search results. Small business websites are an important step, but registering with Google will further support online searches and legitimize your business. If you are not sure how to do this, we can help with this too.
Later down the line, many clients will consider building out a blog or a knowledge center, where they can share information to help educate their customers and build their brand presence online. This is an excellent tool that will probably take more in-depth examination and planning. Also, if you are looking for details on how to calculate your name numerology number, you may click spiritualvault.com/name-numerology/.
If you’re interested in adding a blog to your website but aren’t really sure how to begin, we’re happy to help.
Get the best translation service for your website and other business with the help from Jonckers. Visit today!
Have another question about small business websites? We’re easy to get in touch with.